Effective as of 18 July 2019
Application of This Statement
Your Data Protection Rights
Metronome would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every User is entitled to the following:
- The Right to Access: you have the right to request Metronome for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The Right to Rectification: you have the right to request that Metronome correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Metronome to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The Right to Erasure: you have the right to request that Metronome erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The Right to Restrict Processing: you have the right to request that Metronome restrict the processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
- The Right to Object to Processing: you have the right to object to Metronome’s processing of your personal information, under certain conditions.
- The Right to Data Portability: you have the right to request that Metronome transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Information We Collect
We collect information, including personal information, in various ways when you use our Site, Applications and Services. As used in this statement, “Personal Information” means any information which, either alone or in combination with other information, identifies you as an individual, such as your name, mailing address, and email address.
Information You Provide Us
We collect information, including personal information, you provide us voluntarily. For example:
- When you enter in your first and last name, email address, and password when you create an account to access the Services (“Account”) or otherwise enter similar information into forms or surveys on our Site or Applications.
- When you enter information using your Account, including postal address, phone number, company name and payment information.
- If you tell us where you are (e.g. by allowing your mobile device to send us your location), we may store and use that information for internal analytics purposes.
- Your interaction with our Services, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us.
Information Other Users Provide Us
We collect information, including personal information, that other Customers provide to us in order to deliver our Services. For example:
- Users may enter your first and last name, email address, and telephone number in order that you receive automated system alerts as a part of our Services.
- Users may enter your first and last name, email address, and telephone number as part of a referral scheme.
Information Collected Via Technology
We automatically collect certain information via technology:
- IP Address, Location and Browser Information: when you visit our Site or use our Applications, some information is automatically collected. This may include information such as the operating system (“OS”) running on your device, internet protocol address (“IP Address”) (which may be used to obtain your geolocation), access times, browser type, language settings of the OS, and the website you visited before our Site. We also collect information about how you use Metronome’s Site, Applications and Services, including the elements you have interacted with, metadata and other details about these elements, clicks, change states, and other User actions.
- Pixel Tags: in addition, we use “pixel tags” (also referred to as clear gifs, web beacons, or web bugs). Pixel tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies (as noted below), that are used to track online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, pixel tags are embedded in web pages. Pixel tags also allow us to send email messages and determine whether those emails have been opened, to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our Customers. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by pixel tags to our users’ personal information.
- Browser Local Storage: we also store data locally on your device to enhance the user experience on our Site. For example, browser local storage allows us to save the state of your current page so that when you return at a later time or refresh the browser, the page will remain the same. We may also use browser local storage to: (i) save a list of items the user last used on the Site or Services (such as events and properties the user selected) so we can display “recently viewed items”; or (ii) marking once a user has seen a tutorial, video, tooltip or onboarding flow so the user only sees the content one time.
- Mobile Services: we may also collect information from your mobile device, such as but not exclusively the first time the Application is opened, mobile carrier, the device identifier (or “UDID”), and the type of device that is being used, if you have downloaded our Applications. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you and improve our Services and Energy Intelligence platform. Examples of information that may be collected and used include how you use the Applications and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Applications crash on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model and OS version, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Applications. We send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any events or promotions that we may be running. IF you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
Access and Control of the Information We Collect
We recognise an individual’s right to control the type of personal information that is collected about them. Our Customers can view, edit, or delete their personal information at any time, though we may retain records where required for business purposes. Metronome retains your personal information while you are a Customer and will delete your personal information upon request unless there is a legal basis for retaining your information. Users may also send requests for access to your personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Metronome will respond to any request to delete User personal information within a reasonable timeframe.
How We Use Information We Collect
In general, we use the information we collect primarily to provide, maintain, protect, and improve our current products and develop new ones. This may include collection to:
- Facilitate the creation of, and securing of, your Account on our network;
- Identify you as a user in our Services;
- Improve our Services, Applications, Site and how we operate our business in order to better serve you;
- Understand and enhance your experience using our Site, products and Services;
- Provide and deliver products and services you request;
- Respond to your comments or questions and for our Support team to provide service;
- Send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events, and news about products and services offered by Metronome and our selected partners, and for other marketing purposes of Metronome;
- Link or combine it with other information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service, as described under Profiling below; and
- Protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised or illegal activity.
User Feedback and Testimonials
We often receive feedback and comments about our Services from users of our Services. If we choose to use your feedback on the Site we will request permission to include names of individuals. We may also include a profile picture along with your feedback. If you wish to update or delete your feedback, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Creation of De-Identified Data
We may create de-identified data records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this de-identified data to analyse request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Applications and Site navigation. We reserve the right to use de-identified data for any purpose and disclose de-identified data to third parties in our sole discretion.
When you interact with our Site by completing a form (such as a request to contact you, request for information on pricing or installation, or downloading content) we will collect your personal information and analyse your information to build individual profiles. We use third party tools to help us build the profile by providing firmographics: company size and industry for example. These profiles will be used to help us predict future interest in our Services. The profiling is based on your activity on our Site such as what you are reading or downloading and is updated in real-time based on your activity on the Site.
Sharing of Information
We do not share your personal information with third parties without your consent other than:
- Third Party Service Providers: we employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, or assist us in analysing how our Services are used. These third-parties are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to you. These services may include providing cloud computing infrastructure, website crash reporting, and providing customer support or account administration. For an up to date list of the services we use, please email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Lawful Requests: to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process, provided that Metronome will endeavour to notify you if Metronome has received a lawful request for your information;
- Protection of Rights and Property: to protect the rights and property of Metronome, our agents, customers and others including to enforce our agreements and policies;
- Emergency: in an emergency, including to protect the personal safety of any person; and
- Corporate Restructuring: for the purposes of a business deal (or negotiation of a business deal) involving sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets (business deals may include, for example, any merger, financing, acquisition, divestiture or dissolution transaction or proceeding). In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, personal information may also be transferred as a business asset. If another company acquires our company, business or assets, that company will possess the personal information collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your personal information as described in this statement.
Retention of Your Personal Information
- Sign-In and Authentication: when you sign into the Site using your username and password we store an encrypted cookie on your device. This cookie allows you to move from page to page within the Site without having to sign in again on each page. You can also save your sign-in information so you do not have to sign in each time you return to the site.
- Social Media: portions of our Site include social media cookies or widgets, including those that enable users who are logged in to the social media service to share content via that service.
- Storing Information for Purchases on the Site: when you seek to purchase one of our Services plans, we store the data in a cookie to remember the products and information you have added for purchase.
- Aggregated Data: compiling aggregate data about the site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
- Opt-Out Cookie: when you opt-out of tracking on the Site, Metronome will store a cookie that will block other cookies from being stored.
Some of the cookies we commonly use are listed below. This list is not exhaustive, but it is intended to illustrate the main reasons why we typically set cookies. If you visit one of our sites, the site may set some or all of the following cookies:
- IRB, Insights or MP: these are cookies used for Site analytics and operational purposes.
- SESSIONID: helps to authenticate you when you sign into your Account.
Third Party Cookies
In addition to the cookies listed above, third parties may also set cookies when you visit the Site. In some cases, that is because we have hired the third party to provide services on our behalf, such as payment processing for credit card billing. In other cases, it is because our web pages may contain content from third parties, such as videos or news content. Because your browser connects to those third parties’ web servers to retrieve that content, those third parties are able to set or read their own cookies on your device and may collect information about your online activities across websites or online services. To control cookies from those third parties, visit their sites. These third party cookies include:
Distributors and Partners
Personal Information Security
Metronome maintains commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. However, no transmission over the internet is 100% secure. We encourage you to protect your usernames and passwords to help prevent anyone from accessing or abusing your accounts and services, including not using the same passwords for the Services that you use with other accounts. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to submit any personal information to us. If we learn that a child under 13 submits personal information to Metronome we will delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Information Choices and Changes
In addition to the choices outlined in other parts of this statement, you also have control over the following:
- Email Communications: you may opt out of receiving promotional or marketing emails from Metronome by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your Metronome projects or our ongoing business relationship. If you are a European Union (“EU”) resident, you will not receive marketing emails from Metronome until you have agreed to opt-in to receipt of those emails.
- Applications: you can stop all collection of information by an Application(s) by uninstalling the Application(s). You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
- Do Not Track Signals: some web browsers may transmit signals instructing websites and other online services to not track information. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do if they receive these signals. Metronome currently does not respond to such browser signals or similar mechanisms instructing not to track information. If and when a standard is established, we may revise our position on responding to these signals. Third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across sites when you visit our Site or use the Metronome Service.
- Social Media Widgets: as noted above, our website may include social media features, such as Twitter and LinkedIn buttons, or interactive mini-programs that run on our website. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third-party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the third party providing it.
Changes to This Statement
Metronome may change this statement from time to time. If we make any changes to this statement, we will change the “Last Updated” date above. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified on your Account) or by means of a notice to this website prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. You agree that your continued use of our Site, Applications or Services after such changes have been published to our statement will constitute your acceptance of such revised statement.
Legal Information and How to Contact Us
Data Protection Officer (“DPO”)
Metronome is headquartered in London, in the United Kingdom. If you have questions about the collection of your personal information, our DPO can assist you. You may contact our DPO at:
- Email: email@example.com
- Postal Mail: Metronome Technologies Ltd., Attn: DPO, 23 Gossamer Gardens, London, E2 9FN
Metronome’s Compliance Team and Dispute Resolution
Metronome commits to resolve any complaints about your privacy and our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information. If you have any inquiries or complaints regarding this statement, you should first contact Metronome at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal Mail: Metronome Technologies Ltd., 23 Gossamer Gardens, London, E2 9FN
If you are unsatisfied with our resolution, you have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).